How to clear your app cache on your iPad
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap "General," and then tap "iPad Storage." The iPad Storage page will show you how much space is used on your iPad by different kinds of apps. (It might take a minute or two for this to appear, since the iPad has to calculate the free and used space.)
3. Your iPad might make recommendations to save space, such as deleting apps you rarely use or deleting videos or email attachments. If you want to save space, you can try one or more of these options.
4. Review the apps installed on your iPad – they are arranged from the largest at the top to the smallest at the bottom.
5. Tap an app that you want to clear the Cache.
At this point, you have several options:
- Tap "Delete App" to uninstall the app (and discard any data the app was caching). Then go to the App Store and re-install the app. You'll get a fresh version of the app with no stored data. You can do this even for a paid app without paying a second time.
- Tap "Offload App" to uninstall the app but keep the app's data on the iPad.