If your imSMART application freezes or you notice that you are having issues, please try one of the following techniques to resolve the issue.
Please note that these items are listed in the order in which you should try them.
1. Swipe to Close
In most cases, you can fix the problem by closing and re-starting the app.
- Tap on the Active Apps button, to view your list of open apps. (On some devices, you may need to swipe up.)
- Tap on the app you want to close.
- Press on the home button to return to the iPad home screen
2. Sign In / Out
If closing the app doesn't work, try signing out and signing back in.
- Sign out of the app.
- Sign back into the app.
- Perform a Content Sync (if needed).
- Verify that the problem has been resolved.
3. Delete and Reinstall the App
- Long tap on the app icon, then tap on Delete.
- Re-install the application. (Instructions can be found here.)
- Perform a Content Sync to re-download the files you have access to.
- Make sure you are have a strong network connection during this process.
4. Clear the Cache
For all Android devices that do still use the system cache for applying system updates, it's typically a good idea to wipe the system cache partition on your Android after a successful system update. This ensures that your system updates never use outdated files or data. There is no harm in wiping the system cache partition.
To wipe the cache partition on Android devices, you will need to put your device into Recovery Mode. In Recovery Mode, your touchscreen may no longer work, and so you will need to use your volume buttons and power button to navigate the menu option.
To clear the cache, follow these steps:
- Turn your Android device off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons, or whatever button combination you need to use for your phone to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode menu.
- Use the power button to select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Wait for the system cache partition to clear.
- Select the Reboot option to return to normal device usage.
5. Submit a Diagnostic Report
If you are still having issues, you can submit a Diagnostic Report to us, which will automatically open a Help Desk ticket so we can investigate further.