You may find that occasionally, your app will not complete a Content Sync as expected.
Generally speaking, there are several reasons why a Content Sync will fail:
- Files are skipped after a Content Sync
- Folders or Assets are missing after a Sync
- The Internet connection is disrupted during a Sync
- A file was corrupted during the Sync process
- Not enough free space on the device
In most cases, you can wait a few minutes, re-sync, and the error will go away. If the error does not go away, then you can use the steps below to help resolve the issue.
Please note the following
- If the Skipped Files are videos, please see this article.
- If file types are images such as Banner Images, Featured Large Images, etc, this means that the image was downloaded, but corrupted.
- Generally speaking, we recommend that you ask an Admin to remove the image file and then re-add the file.
Files are skipped after a Content Sync
If you perform a Content Sync and see the pop-up shown in the image below, then something prevented the files from syncing properly.
To see which Files had an issue, tap on More Details >>
Files maybe skipped for a variety of reasons, such as when the files are very large, the internet connection was disrupted, or the file was corrupted during the upload process.
In most cases, you can wait a few minutes, re-sync, and the error will go away. If the error does not go away, then you should try the following:
- Sign out, sign in, then re-sync.
- If that doesn't work, wait until the following day, and re-sync.
- If that doesn't work, How to Reset the App
Folders or Files are missing after a Content Sync
If you perform a Content Sync and discover that Folders or Files are missing, then you should reset your app.
For more info, please visit How to Reset the App.
Update is Frozen or Hung during a Content Sync
If you perform a Content Sync and application gets "stuck" discover that Folders or Files are missing, then you can probably fix it by one of the following:
- Swipe up to shut down the app, re-start the app, then continue the Sync.
- Reboot your device, re-start the app, then continue the Sync.
If you continue to have issues, you may need to reset the app. Please visit How to Reset the App.
Device does not have enough free space
To see how your available storage is used, please follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > Device Care > Storage
- Use the list on the right-hand side to see how files like Documents, Images, and Videos are stored on your device.
- Remove any unnecessary files or apps to free up space.
If you have an older device with limited storage, you can add a Micro-SD card or upgrade to a new device with more storage.