To view current Assets loaded to CMS system, click on Assets menu option. This will take you to the List of Assets screen where you can Add, Edit or View Assets.
To add an Asset to the system, click on the New Asset button just above the Filter Module
To add an Asset, the following details need to be provided:
- Asset file - To see what files can be loaded, view the supported file type list. If there are problems viewing the asset, we recommend converting the asset to the PDF format.
By default, an Asset is Active and is able to be shared via email.
The following options will help to define the Asset further for searching and filtering:
- Description (under Main)
- Keywords (under Tags & Metadata --> Additional Hidden Search Terms)
- Tags (under Tags & Metadata - Note: tags must be defined under Customization -->Tags)
Additionally, each asset has a number of associated options:
Here are some examples where you can define the asset type (Note: based on your asset type selection, different fields will appear):
Link - link to a URL
File Upload - upload directly to your device when synced
URL as File - asset will be downloaded via a URL link of the direct file
Open in Another App - allows the file to be opened in another 3rd-party app
Shortcut - link asset to a segment, folder, or asset
Title of your asset
Description of your asset (optional)
Copy to Folders & Segments
Determine which segment and/or folder you would like to place the asset (can be placed in multiple locations)
Allow to share: user can email, and print assets
Alternate Asset Type
Alternate Asset Download Behavior
- Allow opening in other apps: User can “open in” other applications on the iPad
- Allow Emailing: Allow asset to be emailed
- Allow adding to groups: User can assign asset to a “Group”
Alternate Asset Type
- Link - when shared, an asset can be linked to a specific URL (Alternate Share Link) or file
- File Upload - when shared, an alternate file can be provided (such as a smaller-sized file)
Tags & Metadata
Here, you can tag assets to tags under tag groups defined in Customization --> Tag Groups. This helps with searching and grouping assets
Full Screen Mode - asset will be viewed in full-screen mode when selected
Normal Mode - asset will be viewed in default view mode
Asset Visible On
Web: Asset will not be synced to the App, only the web portal
Tablet: Asset will not be synced to the web portal, only the tablet
Both: The asset will be visible in both the web portal and the tablet (default setting)
Image Cropper - Images can be cropped with this tool for it to be used for different dimensions based on the template settings.
HTML5 - Advanced HTML-based descriptions
Featured Title - When an asset is featured, an alternate 'featured title' can be used
Advanced Image Settings - Show Title Overlay on Image - deselecting this removes image overlay
Note: Title overlay only on Large Rectangle, Small Rectangle, Large Square images, 1/3rd Image and 2/3rd Image)
Display Content for Title Bar
Show Title Only - display asset title only
Show Title and Description - display asset title and description
If you don’t provide an image, a default icon based on file type will be displayed in the app.
Once all desired edits have been made, click Save.